Friday, April 13, 2018

Mermaid and Sea Turtle Seascape Tag

I'm here today to give you my version of a sea escape a la Creative Embellishments. 

The ocean is filled with wonder, beauty and a bit of  mermaid magic.  
I made a giant tag expressing my love of the ocean and it's creatures.  
The tag features some really amazing elements from Creative Embellishments. 

Large Tags are so cool and trendy.  
The large tags from Creative Embellishments offer a perfect blank "canvas" for these darling chipboard pieces and for your fabulous imagination.   They offer  5in x 10in of work space...that's quite a bit!
Plus they come in packs of 3!  Yep - what a value!


The sea turtle and mermaid chipboard pieces have gorgeous intricate details burned into the pieces that I wanted to highlight.  In order to work with the chipboard details and not cover up the fine details, I decided to dab on liquid pearls to color the pieces different colors.  I felt I was not skilled enough with acrylic paint to stay inside the tiny lines so I needed a different option to treat the chipboard.  

Ranger Liquid Pearls come in an assortment of vibrant colors that do not bleed and run when applied to the chipboard.  For me, these worked perfectly within the fine details of the chipboard pieces. 

As a finishing touch once the liquid pearls were dry, I dabbed some Ranger Crackle Accents - Crackle Medium   here and there over the top of the liquid pearls to provide the illusion of movement, especially in the seaweed and mermaid hair. 

These are the colors I used: 

As the Crackle Accents dried, I sprinkled gold micro beads on the chipboard (fine glitter would be nice as well).

You can see how cool the Crackle Accents looks on the turtle shell and the mermaid tail in the next two shots below.  The secret to using Crackle Accents is to let the medium dry thoroughly - without using the heat gun.  For me, patience may be the biggest challenge when completing any project.
Patience you say?????   Oh the horror of it!

I added stenciling to the background of the tag using Prima's Bubbles Stencil by Finnabair
 and Prima's Art Basics - Heavy White Gesso.    This stencil is probably on of my favorites.  It's just fun. and it makes great bubbles in the ocean.  
Happy Crafting and thanks for visiting.  

Where to shop? 
You can shop for Creative Embellishments chipboard, veneers, flairs and more right here.  

Creative Embellishments - Sea Turtles
Creative Embellishments - Fancy Oval frame Set
Ranger Crackle Accents - Crackle Medium (big bottle)
Ranger Crackle Accents - Crackle Medium small bottle
Ranger Liquid Pearls - Ocean Blue
Ranger Liquid Pearls - Mermaid
Ranger Liquid Pearls - Key Lime
Ranger Liquid Pearls - Baby Blue
Prima - Finnabair Elementals Stencil - Bubbles
Prima Art Basics - Heavy White Gesso

2 comments:

  1. That is so cool, Jennifer! I agree about patience--I want a project to be finished in seconds, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous work! I need those green colors in the LP and that crackle medium too. All I have is avocado in the LP. Absolutely love the tag!!

    ReplyDelete